Wednesday, September 19, 2018

I disappeared, but I do have some news

To cut right to the chase, I've been writing a bit after a long period of trying several MS treatments. The funny thing is that I actually feel worse, but my mind feels a little more clear and the depression is more manageable. So there you go.

Beneath the Neon Moon's sequel is coming out, probably 2019, but no later. It's a guarantee. I'm well aware of how I've let people down on this, and I wouldn't announce if I weren't certain. Rising Wolf will be out before the end of 2019. It turns out I require three books to finish Mal and Zach's story, so be warned: if you choose to read it, know there's no resolution regarding their fate and the fate of the wolf pack. Of course you'll learn much more about them and who they are, and be further along with them on their journey, but the next novel isn't the end. It is, however, a full-fledged novel rather than a novella.

I'm currently working on two stories I started so very long ago: my first vampire novel, writing as Klaudia Bara (Becoming), and a revision of a novella called Eromenos that I never finished editing and polishing. In many ways I'm no longer the same person that I was when I started these stories, but both of them still speak to me. I feel they deserve to be finished and out there in the world, for better or worse.

I'd love to say that it doesn't matter if they do well, but of course it does. It will always matter, but the market has changed so much. It's just that what I'm willing to do and how I will push them out of the nest turns out to matter more, and I recognize that. Most of all, I'm a writer, and if they sell badly or not at all, I'll probably still be here, writing and putting stories out as I can.

I hope all is well with you and wish you the very best.

2 comments: